About this Course
Hello Brave Soul!
We are so glad you're with us! This Course is packed full of instructions, techniques, tips, and tricks for making birdies using several different media and techniques.
Starting with the basics, Melody will show you how to draw a birdie starting with very simple shapes. You'll be surprised how easy it really is! Once you have the drawing portion down, Melody will continue forward with doodling. Doodling is fun, freeing, and relaxing! Melody will show you some ideas similar to the drawing techniques, but simplified down to doodles.
Up next it’s time to get our hands all painty! Melody will be adapting many of the techniques from drawing/doodling, and applying them to a canvas. Follow along as Melody teaches a few painting techniques to get you started.
To finish up, we’ll move into mix-media collaging. Collage is a fun way to use paint, paper, fabric, and pretty much anything else you can think of. Melody will walk us through some of her favorite collage techniques while making--you guessed it! --- a birdie collage. Let's get started!
About the instructor
I love being part of Brave Girls Club and sitting in this big worldwide circle of sisterhood....it has changed my life in all of the best ways. I am profoundly grateful for all of it, and I work hard to never take it for granted.
I'm an artist, teacher and entrepreneur. I have started and owned a few different companies and written many books. I have sold and licensed my art all around the world, which is what I had dreamed of doing since I was a little girl. In 2004, my husband sustained a traumatic brain injury which changed the direction of our lives dramatically and led me to my TRUE life's work.
Taking care of my husband and holding my family together while my business and the rest of my life fell apart all around me left me feeling broken in every way. I used art and journaling to heal the fragmented parts of my soul, and once I felt healed I wanted nothing more than to share what I had learned and how I had healed with my sisters all over the world. That's where Brave Girls Club came from...my curriculum is what I have used to heal myself and make my life joyful again.
I live in Star, Idaho where my husband and I have raised our 5 children. My husband made a miraculous full recovery which we consider a tremendous miracle that has prompted us to spend our life helping others out of the kinds of dark times we were in for so long. Our greatest treasure in life is our family, ...especially the grandchildren who have come to us! We plan to spend the rest of our lives doing more of what we are doing now....enjoying life, helping where we can, creating beauty, and spending as much time as possible with our beloveds...at home and all over the world. We appreciate every new day we are gifted with, and life is beautiful! So happy to be here with all of you!
You will need:
Drawing and Doodling Supplies
- Lots of regular white copy paper or a sketch book
- Pencil (I use a mechanical pencil)
- Eraser (a regular Pink Pearl is fine or there are nice drawing erasers too)
- Black fine line pen (I like Zig Writers with a dual tip)
- White, black & raw umber paint as well as 3 or 4 of your favorite beautiful colors
- Thick white gesso (if you can’t find thick, regular will work)
- Thick gel medium, glossy
- Texture paste or modeling paste
- 1 pad of thick watercolor paper or (6) 8x10 canvas boards for drawings + paintings + collages
- Several sizes of paint brushes, small to medium
- Scraps of favorite papers, fabrics, old book papers, doilies, trims, ephemera
- Collage sheets found in the provided PDF
- Mod Podge or collage medium (glossy or matte, your choice)
- Waxed paper (to insert between pages to prevent sticking)
- Old white taper candle or spray sealer
What others are saying:
You must be logged in to leave a review.
Have questions about this class?
Send them to email@example.com.