About this Course
Do you want to enjoy the play & experimentation that is inherent in art journaling? Join me to "amp up" the images, layers, and textures in your journals.
Amping up your images
-using a motif
Amping up your layers
-changing color, texture, direction
-building paint layers
Amping up your textures
-machine, hand sewing
-meshes, screen, drywall tape
-metallic, cloth, masking tapes
About the instructor
You will need:
I realize this list is large…I really encourage you to try to use supplies that you already have around your home. Three items that are essential are gesso, gel medium, and spray ink.
- Your Art Journal
- Cleaning Vessel
- Paper Towels
- Palette Knife (Cheap plastic is fine)
- Acrylic Paints
- White Gesso (Don’t get the canvas primer kind, it’s too thin.)
- Gel Medium
- Spray Ink
- Pen to journal with – Sharpies, Faber-Castell Pitt pens, white Sharpie paint pen, etc.
- Portfolio brand water-soluble oil pastels
- Sandpaper and/or an exacto knife for scraping paint
- Mark-making tools (for texture)
- An assortment of metallic & fabric tapes
- Masking Tape
- Decorative Paper
- Sewing Machine and/or Embroidery Floss and Needles
- Some favorite stencils and chipboard shapes
- Tissue paper – Cheap white is just fine!
- Anything else you’d like to journal with…rubber stamps & ink, for example.
What others are saying:
You must be logged in to leave a review.
Have questions about this class?
Send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.