About this Course
One of the coolest projects we've ever done!! In this course, Melody will teach you how to make a giant pair of wings from some little hardware pieces called wood joining biscuits. You can find them at Home Depot or any hardware store. Let's get started on this incredibly awesome project!
About the instructor
I love being part of Brave Girls Club and sitting in this big worldwide circle of sisterhood....it has changed my life in all of the best ways. I am profoundly grateful for all of it, and I work hard to never take it for granted.
I'm an artist, teacher and entrepreneur. I have started and owned a few different companies and written many books. I have sold and licensed my art all around the world, which is what I had dreamed of doing since I was a little girl. In 2004, my husband sustained a traumatic brain injury which changed the direction of our lives dramatically and led me to my TRUE life's work.
Taking care of my husband and holding my family together while my business and the rest of my life fell apart all around me left me feeling broken in every way. I used art and journaling to heal the fragmented parts of my soul, and once I felt healed I wanted nothing more than to share what I had learned and how I had healed with my sisters all over the world. That's where Brave Girls Club came from...my curriculum is what I have used to heal myself and make my life joyful again.
I live in Star, Idaho where my husband and I have raised our 5 children. My husband made a miraculous full recovery which we consider a tremendous miracle that has prompted us to spend our life helping others out of the kinds of dark times we were in for so long. Our greatest treasure in life is our family, ...especially the grandchildren who have come to us! We plan to spend the rest of our lives doing more of what we are doing now....enjoying life, helping where we can, creating beauty, and spending as much time as possible with our beloveds...at home and all over the world. We appreciate every new day we are gifted with, and life is beautiful! So happy to be here with all of you!
You will need:
- 1 sheet of black 20”x30” foam core board (if you can’t find black, white will work fine)
- 1 large package/tub of #20 wood joiner biscuits (available at hardware/home improvement stores - should be about $8)
- 1 large package/tub of #10 wood joiner biscuits (available at hardware/home improvement stores - should be about $8)
- 1 large package/tub of #0 wood joiner biscuits (available at hardware/home improvement stores - should be about $8)
- 4 oz bottle of gold paint
- 4 oz. bottle of ivory paint
- small bottle or tube of raw umber paint
- Tacky Glue or similar adhesive product
- Modeling Paste
What others are saying:
You must be logged in to leave a review.
Have questions about this class?
Send them to email@example.com.