About this Course
Have you tried everything to love your body, to get in shape or to take care of yourself and you’re still hung up on wishing you had a different body? Are there constant voices running through your head chattering about how ugly and imperfect your body is? Do you feel like you can never measure up, you’ll never be able to take control, you’ll never reach your health goals? Do you say destructive things to yourself about your body that you’d never say to another woman? Do you feel like you are at war with your own body? Guess what?! It’s time to finally make peace with our bodies…to stop abusing them and start honoring them as beautiful homes for our souls.
With the same attention to detail, fun and compelling projects, beautiful videos and step by step photography as our other RESTORATION series of classes, you will surely be moved in ways you have never been moved before…and think about things you have never thought about before…and make changes, decisions and promises that you have never been able to make before.
This is a fun, meaningful and powerfully effective course that has been life-changing for so many women. Now is the PERFECT time to start up this program and grow into a new way of thinking and being…
About the instructor
I love being part of Brave Girls Club and sitting in this big worldwide circle of sisterhood....it has changed my life in all of the best ways. I am profoundly grateful for all of it, and I work hard to never take it for granted.
I'm an artist, teacher and entrepreneur. I have started and owned a few different companies and written many books. I have sold and licensed my art all around the world, which is what I had dreamed of doing since I was a little girl. In 2004, my husband sustained a traumatic brain injury which changed the direction of our lives dramatically and led me to my TRUE life's work.
Taking care of my husband and holding my family together while my business and the rest of my life fell apart all around me left me feeling broken in every way. I used art and journaling to heal the fragmented parts of my soul, and once I felt healed I wanted nothing more than to share what I had learned and how I had healed with my sisters all over the world. That's where Brave Girls Club came from...my curriculum is what I have used to heal myself and make my life joyful again.
I live in Star, Idaho where my husband and I have raised our 5 children. My husband made a miraculous full recovery which we consider a tremendous miracle that has prompted us to spend our life helping others out of the kinds of dark times we were in for so long. Our greatest treasure in life is our family, ...especially the grandchildren who have come to us! We plan to spend the rest of our lives doing more of what we are doing now....enjoying life, helping where we can, creating beauty, and spending as much time as possible with our beloveds...at home and all over the world. We appreciate every new day we are gifted with, and life is beautiful! So happy to be here with all of you!
You will need:
- 1 hardbound blank page journal (approx 8×10 or 9×11)
- 1 lined journal or composition book
- 1 set of index cards
- 3 pads of post-it notes
- 1 set of high quality colored pencils (at least 24 colors, including flesh colors)
- 1 pad (at least 15 sheets) of tracing paper or vellum (Walmart carries a pack of 15 sheets of vellum)
- 20 sheets of white cardstock (will need to go through your computer printer)
- pack of large 1/4″ jump rings (find in jewelry supplies – even Walmart has them)
- Camera & photo paper
- Several computer printouts of a close-up photo of your face (really really close, no hair or neck) – 8 x 10 (Don’t be scared – you’ll only be using your eyes. )
- Access to a color printer with high-quality paper and ink
- Some good waterproof pens Such as Sakura, Zig, or Sharpie Ultrafine
- Mod Podge, Deco Pauge, or other collage medium, matte or gloss. (Gloss sometimes stays ‘tacky’, especially in humid climates.)
- Clear acrylic sealer spray or old white taper candles. This is to seal and protect your finished collages and keep them from staying a little sticky.
- Paintbrushes for applying adhesive and paint. Inexpensive brushes are fine. We recommend you get a multi-pack (about $8).
- This and that. Ribbons, buttons, jewels, felt shapes, other miscellaneous embellishments and findings that you might enjoy using.
- Acrylic craft paint in a variety of colors.
- An assortment of papers, paper scraps, book pages, scans of vintage (and other) illustrations, wrapping paper, sheet music, magazine clippings, etc. that represent you or your life. Thrift stores, flea markets, and used books stores are some of our favorite sources.
- Rubber Cement
- Masking tape – 1 1/2″, good quality
- Rubber stamps and inks
- Personal ephemera (things that are unique to you…mail, wrappers, receipts, etc.)
- Junk mail, cereal boxes, cardboard boxes, random things with interesting textures
- Fabric scraps
- Texture medium, paper clay, etc. (this can be expensive…found in a variety of forms at craft and hobby stores in the paint area)
What others are saying:
You must be logged in to leave a review.
Have questions about this class?
Send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.