About this Course
Join us in the sewing room as Kathy teaches Melody (and you) to sew a simple and gorgeous little zipper pouch, complete with gusset and fabric lining. Perfect for storing pens, makeup, school supplies, art supplies, and so much more. We can never have enough zipper pouches! It's easy sewing (even the zipper), and Kathy will walk you through it in simple steps. Fear the zipper no more!! 🙂
We filmed this class in the Brave Girl Clubhouse, with Kathy sitting side by side with Melody and teaching her to sew up this beautiful little project. Melody is a beginning sewer, so if you are, too, I'll bet Melody will be asking a lot of the same questions that you have. She even found out that she really CAN put in a zipper...you can, too!
Let's get out the sewing machine and have some fun!
About the instructor
I love cooking but I'm not crazy about grocery shopping or doing dishes (sigh). I've live in Idaho less than 5 miles from where I was born, I've been married for 34 years, I am mother to 8 and Nana to 14. And every day I have the fun job of managing the business side of Brave Girls Club. That's me!
You will need:
- Basic sewing supplies
- Sewing machine with zipper foot
- 1 8-10” zipper
- 2 pieces of heavy fabric, 10” x 9“
- 2 pieces of lining fabric, 10” x 9“
- 2 scraps of heavy fabric, 2” x 4“
- 2 scraps of heavy fabric, 2 1/2” x 2“
- 2 pieces of lace or trim, 10” each
- Optional: Brave Girl Patch and HeatnBond (*HeatnBond® is a paper backed, iron-on, sewable, double-sided adhesive for bonding fabric, available at craft and sewing stores. Instructions are found on the package.)
What others are saying:
You must be logged in to leave a review.
Have questions about this class?
Send them to email@example.com.