About this Course
Are you ready to embark on a fun artistic journey learning more about who you are and how you impact those around you? I am thrilled to share with you an on-line class from the heart that has been a while in the making.
My hope is that it will inspire you with artsylicious techniques, a shabby fun experience, and a soulful message to Embrace Yourself. This is a message intended to encourage you to embrace who you are, help you accept your journey (difficult and victorious), and let you realize that others need YOU! We will record these special reminders in art journal that you can view as a 'text book' with chapters (since you'll be attending the Brave Girl University).
Each chapter and page; a different artistic technique using lots of mixed media (from paint, ink, chip art, encaustics) and sharing a unique message. Over 15 creative videos 'celebrating fantastic YOU!'
About the instructor
In the past, I cherished being a part of a grassroots movement – the Fiskateers (Fiskars – the Orange handled Scissor Company) when I served as a lead/founding craft ambassador, product developer, and much more!
Most recently, my heart is full of gratitude to be a survivor of breast cancer (2 ½ years). I hope to encourage and educate others by what I’ve learned through this journey. I’ve enjoyed contributing artwork to the American Society of Oncology as well as sharing as a spokeswoman for the American Cancer Society Relay for Life.
We all have a story to tell. I look so forward to watching yours unfold as you create on your canvas of life! I know I’ll be touched by the unique colors and brushstrokes of your journey! Warmest creative wishes!
You will need:
Below is a list of many of the supplies I used while creating my book. In each chapter, you'll find a downloadable supply list PDF specific to that Chapter, with further details and ideas for supplies!
- plastic cup (for plaster)
- water spritzer
- pens (I prefer Faber Castell Pitt pens, but any waterproof pens will work)
- gloves (optional)
- hole punch
- spatula to apply paint/gesso
- heat tool
- Plaster of Paris
- acrylic paint (I also used a metallic)
- spray ink
- Dimensional Magic by Plaid (or something similar that will dry clear)
- Mod Podge
- ChipArt Tools - stamps, decorative elements such as daisies, sunbursts and butterflies, ChipArt chipboard pieces, plaques, wings, birds
- dress pattern paper (like McCalls)
- patterned paper scraps
- misc. stamps - texture, alphabet, etc
- embellishments - resin flowers, stickers, seed beads, pre-printed chipboard frames
- scraps - lace, patterned paper, fabric circles/squares/hexagons, cardboard
- misc. - lace, burlap strip long enough to wrap around journal and tie in a knot, table salt, rub-ons
- curriculum & printouts, and/or some of your favorite encouraging quotes
- Chipboard album or art journal of your choice (preferably chip board so you can stamp along)
What others are saying:
You must be logged in to leave a review.
Have questions about this class?
Send them to email@example.com.