About this Course
"It took me four years to paint like Raphael and a lifetime to paint like a child" -Pablo Picasso
I have often watched in awe, my 7 year old niece paint and draw. She is not concerned what grownups with think. Children are there to please themselves and they simply get lost in the process and the feel of the paint on their hands. As we get older, we start comparing ourselves and the art we make with others. We slowly start to lose the wonderment and joy of painting.
My belief is if you can let go and just DO rather than letting your brain get in the way, you will not only enjoy painting so much more but over time, you will find that particular style that defines you as an artist.
Come play with me as we explore art making with paint, oil pastel, watercolor, inks, and other fun media. I will introduce some tools for you to become inspired, to create your own library of unique signatures, and to release the over-thinking. Let the scribbles and mistakes begin!
About the instructor
As the layers and colors evolve, decisions are made in the moment. Mistakes are applauded and accidents cherished. It is only through the process of making mistakes that fosters growth. Surrendering to the outcome of the finished work, allows her to be one with the process. Through surrendering, stillness is achieved and a new awakening of hearing the voice of God has been the most beautiful thing about this creative journey.
You will need:
I don't believe you have to spend loads of money on supplies to create extraordinary art, just a few key items and you're set!! Keep in mind, this is just a guide.
-For the acrylic paints, choose colors you are drawn to make sure you get the non-toxic paints or use barrier cream. We will be painting with our hands some.
-I have included the exact colors I use for the face, but feel free to deviate.
-If you have trouble finding the Golden GAC polymer then just use any polymer medium or glazing medium that thins the paint.
- Golden GAC100 Acrylic Polymer
- Hogs hair variety brush pack
- Loose pieces of Scrap Paper
- Soft Graphite Pencils - 6B, 8B or 9B
- Any Eraser
- Scrap Magazine Pages (torn out)
- Soft Watercolor Brush
- Water Soluble Oil Pastels (Portolio or Caran d'Ache
- Bristol Smooth Paper Pack - 9x12 or 9x14
- Palette Knife
- Adirondack Alcohol Inks (a few colors)
- Mod Podge (Matte)
- Bleeding Art Tissue Paper - pack of 24 sheets (assorted)
- Palette Paper (I use paper plates)
- Prismacolor Colored Pencils - set of 12 (not Verithin)
- Acrylic Paints (Assorted Colors)
- Golden - Historical Van Dyke Brown Hue Fluid (eye & hair color)
- Apple Barrel - Neon Red (Cheek, Nose & Lip Color)
- Liquitex - Bronze Yellow (eye shading)
- Golden - Green Gold Fluid
- Blick - Heavy Body Titanium White
- Folk Art - Calypso Sky
- Creamcoat - Timberline Green
- Watercolor Paint Set (optional)
- Markers (optional)
- Pitt Pens (optional)
- Stabilio Marks All - Black (optional)
What others are saying:
You must be logged in to leave a review.
Have questions about this class?
Send them to email@example.com.