About this Course
Writing down your dreams and intentions is one of the most powerful tools for creating the life of your dreams - however simple or grand they are.
In this workshop I will guide you through the fabrication of a vessel necklace that is ready to receive and hold sacred these most tender, vibrant, and wildest dreams. You can wear them close to your heart and keep your eyes set in the right direction as a necklace or modify the vessel to a different application that is true to you or someone you would like to gift.
Through 15 clear and concise instructional videos, I show you every precise step for preparing the metal components, connecting various elements, getting comfortable with and proper use of the torch and other tools, and finishing techniques incorporating fabrics and found elements.
When you've completed this course, you will have a new set of skills and confidence that will empower you in other mediums and creative explorations.
About the instructor
You will need:
Inside the classroom you will have access to more detailed descriptions of these supplies as well as links to where I purchase most of mine.
- Butane Micro Torch
- 1 Can of Butane Fuel
- Fire Brick
- Lead-Free Solder
- Lead-Free Paste Flux
- Flux Brush
- Cross-Locking Tweezers
- Basic Round-Nose Pliers
- Jeweler's Flat Nose Pliers
- Metal Snips
- Jeweler's Saw
- 1/2" + Brass Pipe
- Disc Blanks
- Anvil or Steel Block
- Small Hammer
- Flat or Triangular Metal File (Fine Tooth)
- 3 Feet of 18-gauge wire
- Beads, Baubles, Found Objects and Vintage Jewelry to incorporate
- (Optional): Additional Solderable Wire in various gauges to accommodate your beads
- (Optional): Smaller Brass or Copper Decorative Stampings
- (Optional): Ribbons or Torn Fabric Strips
- (Optional): Brass, Copper or Sterling Ball Chain
- (Optional): Novacan Black Patina
- (Optional): Decorative Wire or Metal Trim
- (Optional): Sewing Machine or Needle and Thread
What others are saying:
You must be logged in to leave a review.
Have questions about this class?
Send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.