About this Course
Hey there, Beautiful!
We love words. Words have so much power, so much potential to leave a soul-deep impression--especially when paired with beautiful artwork. You'll find word art hanging all around the Clubhouse, The Ranch, and Melody & Kathy's homes... and in this course, you can learn how to make your own! And it's easier than you think 🙂
Join Melody on the Brave River Ranch as she sets the tone with a little chat about the importance of words, and an overview of some of the projects we'll be covering.
To start off, we'll be working with printed fonts! Melody will show you how to take words printed from your home printer and turn them into gorgeous artwork. Pick a pretty font, print your favorite quote or word (or use ours from the PDF) to get started on this fun project.
Next, Melody digs into her stash of plastic refrigerator letters to show you how to make a sign! Who knew those little letters could turn into something so cool??
Plus, Melody will walk you through the process of creating signs with your own handwriting. Watch as she creates a gorgeous canvas with the handwritten words "of all the love stories in the world, ours is my favorite."
We’ll finish off the course with a quick demonstration of Melody's fabulous technique for imprinting designs into modeling paste using Chip Art tools or any other leather tools! Enjoy!
About the instructor
I love being part of Brave Girls Club and sitting in this big worldwide circle of sisterhood....it has changed my life in all of the best ways. I am profoundly grateful for all of it, and I work hard to never take it for granted.
I'm an artist, teacher and entrepreneur. I have started and owned a few different companies and written many books. I have sold and licensed my art all around the world, which is what I had dreamed of doing since I was a little girl. In 2004, my husband sustained a traumatic brain injury which changed the direction of our lives dramatically and led me to my TRUE life's work.
Taking care of my husband and holding my family together while my business and the rest of my life fell apart all around me left me feeling broken in every way. I used art and journaling to heal the fragmented parts of my soul, and once I felt healed I wanted nothing more than to share what I had learned and how I had healed with my sisters all over the world. That's where Brave Girls Club came from...my curriculum is what I have used to heal myself and make my life joyful again.
I live in Star, Idaho where my husband and I have raised our 5 children. My husband made a miraculous full recovery which we consider a tremendous miracle that has prompted us to spend our life helping others out of the kinds of dark times we were in for so long. Our greatest treasure in life is our family, ...especially the grandchildren who have come to us! We plan to spend the rest of our lives doing more of what we are doing now....enjoying life, helping where we can, creating beauty, and spending as much time as possible with our beloveds...at home and all over the world. We appreciate every new day we are gifted with, and life is beautiful! So happy to be here with all of you!
You will need:
Below is a list of all the supplies that may be used in this class. You certainly do NOT need to purchase all of these supplies to enjoy the course! This is simply a list of everything we used in our projects--you can mix and match whatever you have and make anything work. Just have fun!!
Show Me a Sign
- One 11×14 canvas board
- One 11×14 wall canvas
- Regular acrylic paint in a variety of colors
- One or two bottles of heavy body paint
- Fabric scraps (4" x 4" or larger)
- Paper scraps (4" x 4" or larger)
- Three 12×12 sheets of textured cardstock (should have flocking, velvet, glitter or other texture). Regular cardstock will do if you do not have access to textured cardstocks!
- Paint Dropcloth fabric or thick canvas fabric
- Alphabet Magnets – Just plain old plastic colored ones. Color does not matter as we will be painting over them.
- Spray Paint – we like Krylon Fusion for plastic. You’ll need a paint that will easily adhere to your plastic letters.
- Wallpaper – we recommend going to a paint store and asking for small sample pieces or scraps you can buy.
- Mod Podge or other collage medium
- Variety of paint brushes (an inexpensive multipack works just fine)
- Access to a printer COLOR printer preferred, but not essential. Also good, bright white copy paper (not recycled) for printing. This will ensure your printed curriculum comes out bright and beautiful.
What others are saying:
You must be logged in to leave a review.
Have questions about this class?
Send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.