About this Course
NEW! This is the course that is being done worldwide in SoulBook Gathering Experiences!!
To find out more, visit this post: SoulBook Gathering Experience
Click the SUPPLIES tab above for a list of supplies you will need.
There is now a beautiful WORKBOOK available for SoulBook, along with a Supplement Pack and pre-cut cardboard. Jump to our shop HERE to see what's available to make this course even more fabulous!
Let's create a beautiful, chunky little artsy SoulBook full of all of the things your beautiful heart knows, but sometimes forgets.
Are you like me? Do you ever have times when you find you have forgotten who you are are, what you want out of life, and what you are about? Your SoulBook will help on those days…it will be a sort of guidebook for your soul…to use when you are feeling lost…ya know?
I wanted to design a fun, beautiful, quick art journal/book out of simple, inexpensive supplies like cardboard and tape, and THIS is that class. I LOVE IT and can’t wait to teach you how to make your own.
I’ll show you how to gather a whole bunch of this and that and use it to collage onto your pages. Then I’ve written pages and pages of words and sentences for you to choose from and cut out for your pages…things that every Brave Girl heart needs to remember…things that we sometimes forget.
Most important of all is that you bring yourself along so that YOUR SoulBook is uniquely yours. I’ll walk you through every step and give you lots and lots of ideas that will guide you through creating your very own beautiful, soul-stirring SoulBook that you will LOVE!
About the instructor
I love being part of Brave Girls Club and sitting in this big worldwide circle of sisterhood....it has changed my life in all of the best ways. I am profoundly grateful for all of it, and I work hard to never take it for granted.
I'm an artist, teacher and entrepreneur. I have started and owned a few different companies and written many books. I have sold and licensed my art all around the world, which is what I had dreamed of doing since I was a little girl. In 2004, my husband sustained a traumatic brain injury which changed the direction of our lives dramatically and led me to my TRUE life's work.
Taking care of my husband and holding my family together while my business and the rest of my life fell apart all around me left me feeling broken in every way. I used art and journaling to heal the fragmented parts of my soul, and once I felt healed I wanted nothing more than to share what I had learned and how I had healed with my sisters all over the world. That's where Brave Girls Club came from...my curriculum is what I have used to heal myself and make my life joyful again.
I live in Star, Idaho where my husband and I have raised our 5 children. My husband made a miraculous full recovery which we consider a tremendous miracle that has prompted us to spend our life helping others out of the kinds of dark times we were in for so long. Our greatest treasure in life is our family, ...especially the grandchildren who have come to us! We plan to spend the rest of our lives doing more of what we are doing now....enjoying life, helping where we can, creating beauty, and spending as much time as possible with our beloveds...at home and all over the world. We appreciate every new day we are gifted with, and life is beautiful! So happy to be here with all of you!
You will need:
Soul Book supply list
- Several small photos of yourself and your life printed on regular copy paper (just off of your home printer is great…make them 1” – 3” in size…) *these are ANY photos at any time in your life….anything that tells the story of YOU. We all love our families and friends…but remember this book is about YOU….so make sure you bring more photos of yourself than of your family and friends!
- 10 pieces of thick cardboard cut to 6” x 9”. Not cardstock and not chipboard (cut this with a utility knife from a cardboard box…it needs to be thick cardboard with corrugated cardboard in the middle…at least 1/8” thick)
- A few rolls of fabric tape, gaffer tape, or masking tape. You could substitute athletic/ bandaging fabric tape (found in the pharmacy section of most drugstores). You can paint or mod podge over it, so color/design don’t matter much.
- A roll of masking tape at least 1” wide
- A bottle of Mod Podge or other collage medium, either gloss or matte
- A tube of black heavy-body acrylic paint
- A tube of white heavy-body acrylic paint
- 3-5 colors of your favorite craft or artist acrylic paint (tube or bottle…doesn’t matter)
- Several paint brushes in different sizes (you will want a bigger brush to collage with, and 1 or more smaller brushes to paint with)
- A pair of scissors that you can use for paper and fabric A palette knife or two
- A cheap putty knife from the hardware store
- A stash of your favorite scraps & treasures…
- An old white candle or Acrylic Sealer Spray – to spray on your finished pages to keep them from sticking together
- Waxed paper to put between your pages while your book is a work in progress
Other things that would be lovely to have
- some random pretty buttons
- pieces of broken jewelry
- pretty little beads that you adore
- pieces of your favorite fabrics (even pieces of old clothes or blankets)
- bits of lace and pieces of old tablecloths or pillow cases that have been embroidered
- pieces of beautiful paper that you love
- random charms
- magazine clippings of beautiful things that make you happy to look at
- magazine clippings of words that describe you and make you happy
- pieces of ephemera from your life….wrappers, receipts, tags, notes and cards you have kept, things you have doodled on, quotes you have jotted down, event tickets, things on your dream list…..you get the idea…:)
- anything that is pretty, makes you happy, has texture and that you can glue down….
What others are saying:
You must be logged in to leave a review.
Have questions about this class?
Send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.