About this Course
Okay, friend... you’re here for a reason, because this spoke to you! I get it, because it is speaking to me too…
Here’s the idea:
REBOOTING!! By simplifying and eliminating the things that cause the most stress, making time for soulful activities and experiences and opening life up to new possibilities.
And the whole group of us worldwide will be doing it together.
So how are we doing it, you ask?
- A 90 day spending freeze. 90 days without buying anything unnecessary - clothes, accessories, makeup, hobby supplies (for me, that will be clothes, makeup and art supplies) - with a tiny weekly budget for a drink or something special… $5 a week
- A 90 day pared down wardrobe. 90 days with a pared down wardrobe…we will each choose a 5-10 tops, 3-5 bottoms and a few pairs of shoes each month and put the rest of our clothes in storage during the 90 days. We can rotate out our clothes when the month ends. When the 90 days is over, we decide what we want to bring back in our life.
- A 90 day pared down menu. For 90 days, we will choose a few basic foods to eat each week and only buy those foods, knowing exactly what we are going to eat for every meal.
- 90 days of daily gentle decluttering activities.
- 90 days of daily connection activities where we check in with each other in a Facebook group, talking about how it’s going, posting photos and joining in on challenges.
- 90 days of adventure challenges… because you’ll have a lot more time on your hands to do fun stuff once you’re not spending all of your time managing, washing, folding, dusting, cooking, fretting, deciding and shopping!!
We need more time to do the things that fill us back up, and not weigh us down… and we need more time to do things TOGETHER.
We are weighed down with too much “stuff”, buried by decisions and choices and clutter, so we numb, it’s like we are walking through life asleep, on autopilot… it’s hard to be awake in this world, so we numb and bury ourselves with more and more things.
There is a better way. Our souls know the way. Your soul is yearning for it… that’s why this called to you.
So this experience is about gently waking up and noticing our lives. Seeing our lives, appreciating our lives, and FEELING our lives. Then taking stock of our talents, our belongings, our time, energy, resources, our relationships. Then deciding mindfully and soulfully what we want to do with our resources… rather than being controlled by our stuff, we decide what stuff gets to make it back in our lives. We get to look around and see that we are not as alone as we thought we were. We get to see that there’s so much more to life than STUFF.
Can you imagine paring things down so that you don’t even think about what to wear or what to eat or what to organize or what to buy? Let’s see what it’s like for the next 90 days.
Doesn’t that sound so freeing and feel SO GOOD? C’mon, let’s do it.
About the instructor
I love being part of Brave Girls Club and sitting in this big worldwide circle of sisterhood....it has changed my life in all of the best ways. I am profoundly grateful for all of it, and I work hard to never take it for granted.
I'm an artist, teacher and entrepreneur. I have started and owned a few different companies and written many books. I have sold and licensed my art all around the world, which is what I had dreamed of doing since I was a little girl. In 2004, my husband sustained a traumatic brain injury which changed the direction of our lives dramatically and led me to my TRUE life's work.
Taking care of my husband and holding my family together while my business and the rest of my life fell apart all around me left me feeling broken in every way. I used art and journaling to heal the fragmented parts of my soul, and once I felt healed I wanted nothing more than to share what I had learned and how I had healed with my sisters all over the world. That's where Brave Girls Club came from...my curriculum is what I have used to heal myself and make my life joyful again.
I live in Star, Idaho where my husband and I have raised our 5 children. My husband made a miraculous full recovery which we consider a tremendous miracle that has prompted us to spend our life helping others out of the kinds of dark times we were in for so long. Our greatest treasure in life is our family, ...especially the grandchildren who have come to us! We plan to spend the rest of our lives doing more of what we are doing now....enjoying life, helping where we can, creating beauty, and spending as much time as possible with our beloveds...at home and all over the world. We appreciate every new day we are gifted with, and life is beautiful! So happy to be here with all of you!
You will need:
- Camera (smart phone is perfect)
- Curriculum materials (kit from Brave Living shop, or digital download from classroom)
What others are saying:
You must be logged in to leave a review.
Have questions about this class?
Send them to email@example.com.