I’ve been scrapbooking and crafting for as long as I can remember. After losing my husband to suicide when I was 31, I turned my hobby into my lifeline. Through art journaling and scrapbooking, I found a way to grow, heal, and move forward.
As I navigated my grief, I discovered that I was far stronger than I knew. And that sometimes, awful things happen and we are plunged into darkness. But it is in this darkness that – with a little determination – we can truly shine.
It’s with this in mind that I created Determined to Shine, an online community featuring art journaling and papercrafting classes focused on empowerment, emotional healing, and personal growth. In addition, I now offer weekend crafting retreats as well as one-on-one coaching. Determined to Shine has grown into a worldwide community of women from six continents and more than 30 nations.
Fast (and Random) Facts:
• I can sing the alphabet song backwards.
• In middle school, my best friend and I created a pretend radio station called WABC Windy City. We recorded our radio show on cassette and even had “callers” who tried to win fake contests for ridiculous prizes. The callers, of course, were the two of us using weird voices.
• I’m obsessed with board games.
• I think everything Taylor Swift touches turns to gold.
• I get grumpy if I don’t have cheese every day. Same with lemonade. It’s kind of a problem.