About this Course
**NOTICE: This is not the newest version of Soul Restoration. It is still the older version and it has been renamed as Legacy SR. The new Soul Restoration can be found here
Does your soul need some restoration? You don't need to change who you are...even if you feel like you want your life to change. You just need to RESTORE back to who you have always been.
Imagine yourself as a house…a beautiful perfect house…starting out with fresh paint and beautiful windows and lovely carpets..filled with all of your favorite things and your favorite music and everything that brings you comfort. This is the house where your soul lives.
Things sometimes happen in life, sometimes quickly and sometimes over time that kick our doors in, break our windows and destroy our walls. We stop making boundaries for ourselves and find that others are actually LIVING in our soul house, leaving us nowhere to sleep, no food left to eat….moving our furniture to their liking and putting up their own art.
Some of us aren’t even living in our own soul houses anymore…feeling totally disconnected from our truest selves and beyond repair.
Join us for 6 weeks of Soul Restoration…where we will look into all of our rooms, clean them all up, remove everyone and everything that doesn’t belong there…
…and restore our dreams and our favorite things as well as make a beautiful place for our souls to live, all while having fun making art to help us remember.
Legacy SR is the powerful, life-changing online class that raised the bar and set a whole new standard of excellence, creating a fresh new category of online art+life experiences.
About the instructor
I love being part of Brave Girls Club and sitting in this big worldwide circle of sisterhood....it has changed my life in all of the best ways. I am profoundly grateful for all of it, and I work hard to never take it for granted.
I'm an artist, teacher and entrepreneur. I have started and owned a few different companies and written many books. I have sold and licensed my art all around the world, which is what I had dreamed of doing since I was a little girl. In 2004, my husband sustained a traumatic brain injury which changed the direction of our lives dramatically and led me to my TRUE life's work.
Taking care of my husband and holding my family together while my business and the rest of my life fell apart all around me left me feeling broken in every way. I used art and journaling to heal the fragmented parts of my soul, and once I felt healed I wanted nothing more than to share what I had learned and how I had healed with my sisters all over the world. That's where Brave Girls Club came from...my curriculum is what I have used to heal myself and make my life joyful again.
I live in Star, Idaho where my husband and I have raised our 5 children. My husband made a miraculous full recovery which we consider a tremendous miracle that has prompted us to spend our life helping others out of the kinds of dark times we were in for so long. Our greatest treasure in life is our family, ...especially the grandchildren who have come to us! We plan to spend the rest of our lives doing more of what we are doing now....enjoying life, helping where we can, creating beauty, and spending as much time as possible with our beloveds...at home and all over the world. We appreciate every new day we are gifted with, and life is beautiful! So happy to be here with all of you!
You will need:
Soul Restoration Supply List
- TWO books that can be used to collage in. This means they need to be sturdy enough to accept paint, glue, paper in lots of layers. You can use chipboard books, books made of watercolor paper, books with thick sketch paper....it is entirely up to you. Each book needs to have 8-10 pages. We use smaller books that range from 6"x6" to 8"x8" but any size will work. These books will be made into representations and reminders of each weekly lesson and you will be guided to fill each page with a specific themed collage.
- One art journal. This is just any journal that you can write it and also paint or draw and collage in. An important part of this curriculum is the journal exercises, and we combine writing with color & images. I use a hardbound sketchbook with 65lb. cream paper. You can use whatever you want to use for this...as long as there are a lot of pages to write on (at least 100 pages) and as long as it is sturdy enough to let you have fun with it.
- 12-24 THICK index cards made of ANY material. These are to make your personal TRUTH cards, and we would love for you to make at least 12. You will probably want to make more! You can cut cardstock or any material into the size you like best....3x5, 4x6, 5x7. Many students also paint over flashcards, game cards, or postcards. Use whatever you want to use. You will be painting and collaging all over your cards.
- A drawstring bag, box, or tin to hold all of your truth cards. These will be precious to you and you will want somewhere to put them!
- Materials for an Accordion Book. Cut 8 sheets of cardstock into 9"x6.5" ” pieces, and then fold them all in the middle to make 4.5” x 6.5” halves. We have a special video on the class site that will show you how to assemble your Accordion Book when the time comes.
Additional Supplies and Tools
- Access to a printer (color printer preferred but not essential) AND good bright white copy paper (not recycled) to print everything onto (at least 100 sheets).
- Some good waterproof pens, such as Sakura, Zig, or Sharpie Ultrafine.
- An old typewriter OR a computer and printer with a vintage typewriter font
- Mod Podge or other collage adhesive. Matte or gloss. (Gloss sometimes stays ‘tacky’, especially in humid climates.)
- Clear acrylic sealer spray (find in any hobby or hardware store). This is to seal and protect your finished collages and keep them from staying a little sticky. You can also rub your pages with an old white candle to seal and protect your pages.
- Paintbrushes for applying adhesive and paint. Inexpensive brushes are fine. We recommend you get a multi-pack (about $8).
- Photocopies of photos of yourself that you want to work with. Print on nonrecycled high-quality paper for the best results.
- This and that. Ribbons, buttons, jewels, felt shapes, other miscellaneous embellishments and findings that you might enjoy using.
- Acrylic craft paint in a variety of colors.
- An assortment of papers, paper scraps, book pages, scans of vintage (and other) illustrations, wrapping paper, sheet music, magazine clippings, etc. that represent you or your life. Thrift stores, flea markets, and used books stores are some of our favorite sources.
- Rubber stamps and inks
- Personal ephemera (things that are unique to you...mail, wrappers, receipts, etc.)
- Junk mail, cereal boxes, cardboard boxes, random things with interesting textures
- Fabric scraps
- Texture medium, paper clay, etc. (this can be expensive...found in a variety of forms at craft and hobby stores in the paint area)
What others are saying:
You must be logged in to leave a review.
Have a question that's not listed? Send it to email@example.com.
How do I watch the videos?
Just click play. Don't forget to grab some popcorn!